These test strips are easy to handle and apply blood to, making it easy to get your results rapidly. You can apply the blood sample to the strip either from the top or from the left or right sides. When you are taking warfarin or when you have unexplained or prolonged bleeding or inappropriate blood clotting, it is a good idea to test prothrombin time (PT) and the international normalized ratio (INR). PT/INR testing is done to determine the clotting tendency of blood. CoaguChek XS PT Test Strips allows users of anticoagulation medications or blood thinners such as Coumadin and warfarin to monitor and determine the coagulation of blood in the privacy of their own home. Now you can get fast and accurate results without long drives or expensive visits to the clinic.
- Used to determine prothrombin time
- Test strips are compatible with the CoaguChek XS Home Patient System
- Requires 10 microliters of blood for accurate results
- Blood can be placed on the top, right, or left side of the strip
- Results in as little as 20 seconds
- Coding chip is included in each box